Thursday, March 5, 2009

Denise's Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies


3 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 c. margarine (Denise calls for Land O Lakes margarine, but since I don't know where to get that, I usually use 1/2 c. butter and 1/2 c. shortening)
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 t. water
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips

Sift flour before measuring, then resift with baking soda and salt, and set aside. (I don't bother with this -- gasp! -- I just put a sieve over my mixing bowl and dump it all in.)

Combine margarine, sugars, vanilla, and water. Beat about 2 minutes, until very creamy. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.

Gradually add sifted ingredients and beat another 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets (I use Silpat or parchment paper). Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. *Do not overbake.

Remove when lightly browned and slightly crisp on bottom; they may seem slightly undercooked. Cool 1 minute on baking sheet, then remove to paper towels to cool completely.

Makes about 40 small cookies.
(These freeze well, but they disappear quickly around here!)

No comments: