- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- ½ cups pecans
- ½ cups dried cranberries
- ½ cups blue cheese crumbles
- ¼ cups reduced fat mayonnaise
- 8 slices focaccia bread (I used 12 grain hazelnut bread from Kneaders–swoon!)
- 2 whole seasoned and grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 whole apple, cored and thinly sliced
Process the spinach, pecans, dried cranberries, blue cheese and mayonnaise in a food processor until uniformly smooth. (I tried my blender, and it didn't work at all. I had to transfer it to my little food processor. Worked like a dream.)
Spread mixture on each slice of bread.
Top one slice of bread (per sandwich) with grilled chicken slices and apple slices. Place sandwich halves together.
Grill on a panini press or grill pan until bread is toasted. (I used my George Foreman grill. No butter on the bread necessary.)
**In the picture above, I was having leftovers for lunch the next day. I was out of apples, so I had it without. I was also too lazy to get out the grill. It was still delicious, but better with the apple and grilled.