Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Baker's One Bowl Brownies

I almost caused a rift in the family by breaking with the family brownie recipe and claiming the Baker's recipe as my standby. What can I say? I prefer fudgy brownies to cakey ones. Besides, you can make these with only a bowl and a fork!

4 squares unsweetened chocolate
3/4 c. butter (1 1/2 sticks)
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 c. flour

Preheat oven to 350. Melt chocolate and butter together in a large microwaveable bowl on high for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir sugar into chocolate mixture until well blended. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour until well blended. Spread batter in a 9”x13” pan lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Do not overbake. Cool in pan. Makes 24 brownies.

(Several variations found inside Baker’s Unsweetened Choc. box. We particularly enjoy the variation with peanut butter swirled in.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree that this is my recipe of choice and LOVE fudgy brownies over cake ones. Cake has its place!

Francie said...

You and Jill live with such style and fun, I'm so excited to become a faithful reader of your recipe blog. I can't wait to try some of these!

LDS reader in Oklahoma
(sorry...no blog...yet)

Liz said...

I've not yet tried this recipe. But I do love a fudgey brownie, so I'm going to have to try this sooner rather than later!

P.S. I'm so glad you started a recipe blog!!!

Anonymous said...

best brownies EVER! making them for the second time...lol yumma!!!! nomma!!!

Elder Olivier said...

2 T butter
2 T sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter

mix this together and swirl it in with a knife for a peanut butter brownie variation! YUM!!!