Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oatmeal Toffee Cookies

I'm going out on a limb and declaring these my favorite cookies.

1 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 c. butter, room temperature
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c. oatmeal
1 c. dried cherries, optional (this makes it for me, and is a deal-breaker for the rest of my family)
1 c. semisweet chocolate chunks (or chips)
1 c. toffee pieces

Sift together flour & baking soda and set aside. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg & vanilla; mix well. Add the sifted flour in additions on low speed until well combined. Stir in oatmeal, cherries if desired, chocolate and toffee pieces and mix to combine.

Dough can be frozen in logs, chilled for 1-2 days, or baked immediately. Bake on parchment paper at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

From Martha Stewart.

4 comments:

crystal said...

I have my mixer at the ready as I type. I am branching out from my favorite choc chip recipe because I need to find a good oatmeal chocolate chip one.

Wish me luck.

crystal said...

Do you sense that I am on a serious baking/cooking kick of late? Just a little?

I swear to you, I am NOT pregnant.

Just hungry.

crystal said...

(still haven't braved the artisan bread. went to a naughty movie last night, instead.)

crystal said...

HOLY CRAP, these are good! I plan to make another batch--a DOUBLE batch--after dinner, because everyone scarfed so much of the cookie dough I only had enough for 2 dozen.

Deeee-licious.