Monday, December 29, 2008

Chocolate Angel Food Cake

{My grandmother invented this, which amazes me to no end. I don't invent recipes. You can't serve this to people without being asked for the recipe.}

1 angel food cake mix
Reserve 2 T. mix and replace with 2 T. cocoa

Follow instructions for cake. (must be made a night in advance)

Frosting:

Melt together 40 large marshmallows
1/2 c. milk
10 oz. giant Hershey bar w/almonds (or without, to taste)

Cool to room temperature, then fold in 1/2 pint of heavy cream, whipped.

Slice cake into three layers. Frost in between layers and around outside of cake. Chill several hours before serving. (Also may be frozen at this point.)

3 comments:

jt said...

I just made it, again, and it calls for 10 oz of the HErsheys, which actually ocmes out to about 2 1/2 giant bars... I assumed 10 oz was one, so that's all I bought and had to go out for more.

Justin and Diana said...

Hi! I have been stalking your blog for a while and I love every aspect of it! I was wondering if you have ever made this ahead and frozen it? Does that work?

michelle said...

Yes, you can freeze it!